fbpx
Skip Preloader
Menu

0

$0.00

HISTORY
TLR has its grass roots embedded firmly in the outback of Australia. It was during the late 70s that owner of Out of Town 4WD Fred Black, recognised a need for 4WD travelers to have custom made accessories to help travel to remote regions and customised vehicle setups to suit the different needs of their owners. It began in a domestic back yard in Wangi, NSW. The business quickly grew from these humble beginnings.

In 1979 the business was relocated to a Golden Fleece service station in Argenton, a suburb of Lake Macquarie, NSW. This provided much better access to the large customer base of Newcastle and The Hunter Valley; with the ever-increasing popularity of 4WD’s and an increasing number of national resellers they had out grown the current site. In 1986 new premises were purchased in nearby Barnsley were we have become a major employer in the local community.

By the late 90’s adjoining buildings were purchased and custom manufacturing and the Long Ranger brand of fuel tanks had its own dedicated facility fitted out for specialty manufacturing, including Overhead crane, Modern Mig welding bays, vehicle hoist for product development, Computerised laser cutting machine and press brake folding machines and a modern paint, detailing and despatch warehouse. Today this facility has expanded to include TLRPRODUCTS which designs, manufactures and markets specialty 4wd accessories which are sold via and Online Ecommerce site and a growing number resellers around the world.

LOCATION
The Barnsley Manufacturing facility is located within easy reach of the major population centers of Newcastle, Lake Macquarie and Maitland in the lower Hunter Valley. The close proximity to the major Sydney – Newcastle freeway also puts the company within a one hour’s drive from the northern suburbs of Sydney..


TLRPRODUCTS
Manufactured by: Out Of Town 4WD PTY LTD
65 Northville Drive, Barnsley NSW. 2278 | Ph 02 4953 3288
Latitude: 32’ 56.0343 S | Longitude: 151’ 35.1302 E